I think everyone goes through this exercise. I’m no different. 2013 has been a fun and educational year.
I’ve succeeded a few times, I’ve failed a few times, but most importantly I’ve learned and grown. That to me is the definition of a good year: learning and growing.
Now on to a new, educational, year.
Here are some of the highlights for me, as I look back on 2013:
- Awesome travel and good times with friends in Mexico, New York City, Las Vegas, Vancouver, Idaho, Indianapolis, and Long Beach;
- Achieving new highs in every category in our direct sales business, and being awarded the top award for all Scentsy consultants;
- Significantly expanding the readership of this blog;
- Writing my first book, and submitting it to my publisher (fingers crossed that it will go to print early in 2014);
- Coming across a book that changed my life, and reading it at least 5 times (thank you Steven Pressfield for the “War of Art“);
- Committing to consistent training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and earning two stripes on my white belt (thank you Professor Josh Russell and my many great training partners at Gracie Barra Calgary);
- Moving with my family to a home that we love in Okotoks;
- Joining the team as a guest writer for Lifehack Online Magazine and getting over 4000 shares in my first three columns;
- Starting a coaching business that I wasn’t fully committed to and learning more about myself and the importance of commitment (you don’t only learn from successes, failure often teaches you more);
- Reading dozens and dozens of books and learning more about life and how to use my mind; and
- Deepening relationships with friends, and establishing new friendships.
2013 it’s been a blast. Now on to a new year, with new goals, new aspirations, and new learning!