Here is a simple feedback loop that, if mastered, will allow you to accomplish any goal:
1. Create a vision: What is it that you want (specifically)?
2. Make a plan: Determine how you are going to accomplish your vision.
3. Execute your plan: Take action! Massive action. Execute with exactness your plan.
4. Review the numbers: What results did you get from your actions? What do the numbers say? Have they taken you closer to where you want to go?
5. Make adjustments: Do more of the things that take you closer to where you want to go. Do less of the things that take you away from where you want to go.
6. Start at the top and go again, and again, and again until you get what you want.
In the feedback loop there is no such thing as failure. There are only results. If you don’t get the result you want, then you adjust your actions to get a different result.